Russian Tourist Visas
Russian tourist visas are generally used by people who travel to Russia for tourism, leisure or short business trips, allowing for either a single or double visit and may be valid for a maximum period of 30 days.
The tourist visa will be issued for the exact dates you request, or as specified on the invitation if you are providing this yourself.
This is the most cost effective visa for short trips and if you know when and where you will be going, otherwise consider a Russian Business visa.
Are there any external issues which may affect my visa processing?
Please see the following link for any processing issues which may be affecting the Russian tourist visa service.
How much will it cost?
Prices start from £117.60 for UK passport holders, though the final price will depend on your nationality, the number of visits you wish to make, how quickly you need your visa (service level) and any return delivery or postage. To see the exact price you will pay for your visa (excluding any return delivery), simply select your nationality in the “how do I order?” section below.
What is included in the price?
Our prices include all costs necessary to get your visa:
- Fees for all visa support documents and letters of invitation
- Russian ministry processing charges and local taxes
- Consular fees and visa center service charges (where applicable)
- Delivery, collection and management of your application at the consulate by our staff.
You do not have to:
- Book a flight (unless you are a French passport holder) or a hotel
- Provide your own “letter of invitation” or “visa support documents”
- Go and queue at the consulate yourself.
There are no hidden costs, the price you see is the price you pay to get your visa!
How do I order?
To order your visa, please follow the following simple steps:
- Select your nationality to show the available processing options and applicable prices.
- Choose how many times you wish to travel to Russia (within the specific period you will apply for but maximum 30 days) and how quickly you want to get your visa.
- Click on a relevant price from the table below.
- Fill in the online visa application form (for online help and guidance, click on the question mark next to the questions).
- Once you submit your online order, we will send you an email with a link to your completed consulate application form, detailing what documents you need to send us and where.
- That’s it ... we do the rest and you relax! One last thing though, to make sure we have got all the paperwork to successfully submit your visa application pack to the consulate, please take a look at the “documents required” section below.
What is the processing time?
The processing time is the number of working days that it will take us to obtain your visa once we have received your documents and lodged your application with the Russian consulate. We will lodge your application the next consular working day after we receive it, provided all the documents are in order. Visa applications received by our office after 16.30 on weekdays or at any time on Saturdays or non-working days will not start to be processed by our staff until the following working day.
Please note: if you are travelling to the North Caucasus area (including Vladikavkaz, Magas, Machatschkala) it will take the consulate 10 working days to process your visa, including those requested as “Bronze” and “Next Day” services.
Depending upon your chosen method of delivery, we will either dispatch your passport to you on the day the visa is ready or hold it in our office for collection. For Royal Mail Special Delivery, this means that you will have your passport and visa the next business day.”
What documents do I need to provide with my application pack?
The documents that you need to provide to allow us to lodge your application at the consulate depend on your nationality and residency in the United Kingdom.
Check your visa application requirements by selecting your passport nationality from the menu:
When can I apply for my Russian tourist visa?
Russian tourist visas are no longer restricted to applying within 90 days of the entry date requested, and now they may be applied for as far in advance as required. However, if the Russian consulate re-introduces the 90 day limit, it would be accepting tourist visa applications with a requested entry date that is equal to or earlier than: 10 March 2014.
Please note that the consulate may vary the date that it accepts applications for operational reasons; and in this case we will contact you.
How long can I stay in Russia using my visa?
A Russian tourist visa will be valid only for the exact dates you request when submitting your order online, or, if you are providing your own invitation it will be valid only for the dates listed on this.
Once you have your visa, you may enter Russia anytime after midnight of the validity start date and stay up to midnight of the validity end date.
It is important to note that:
- a Russian tourist visa may be valid only for a maximum period of 30 days
- you must never attempt to enter or leave Russia outside of the visa validity period detailed on the visa
- you may not use the visa once you have used the maximum number of entries and exits it allows; once for single entry visas and twice for double entry visas.
I am travelling on the Trans Mongolian, can you help me with these visas as well?
Yes, of course we can. We will process all three visas “back to back” and return your passport with all three visas when they are complete. See the following links for further details:
I'm not staying in a hotel, what about visa registration?
For information and options please see our visa registration guide.
Do I need a visa for my child?
In most cases, the answer is yes. Please review the following information on taking a child to Russia.
Can you transfer a visa to a new passport for me?
If you have an active Russian visa in an expired or cancelled passport and wish to transfer this to a new passport then we can assist with this, please click here
for further details.
Can I deliver my passport and collect my visa from your office in person?
Yes, of course you can, we have an office in central London and we will be happy to see you and assist with your application if needed. If you intend to deliver an application in person or collect your passport and visa we are open for collection and deliveries during the following times.
| Application Collection and Delivery times
| Bank / public holidays
|| By arrangement
How can I pay for my visa?
You have several options to pay for your visa including:
Sounds good, how do I get my visa?
To order your tourist visa online, simply click on the level of service you want from the options above.
What will happen when I click the service I want?
When you select the service you want from the options above we will ask you to fill in a simple online form with details about yourself and your trip, and finally you will have the option to pay using your credit or debit card through our secure servers.
We will then email, fax or post (depending on your preference) your visa application form to you.
You sign the visa application form and send this, along with your passport and a single colour passport photograph to us. That's it, that's all you have to do!
We will generate your visa support documents, complete all the necessary forms and submit your completed visa application to the Russian Consulate. During the processing of your application, we will be on hand to answer any queries the Consulate may have and to ensure that your application is dealt with in a timely and efficient manner.
The day your visa is ready we will collect it in person and return this to you using Royal Mail Special Delivery, on the same day if possible, so you will have it the next business day before 1pm or hold it at our office for your collection.
You can follow the progress of your order through our online order tracking system which will detail the steps taken and the steps remaining to obtain your visa.
Remember, when you are in Russia, please ensure that you register your visa.
Are there any specifications for the passport photo?
The Russian consulate require that the photograph provided meet the following specifications; if the photograph you provide does not meet these then the application may be rejected or considered incomplete.
- The frame size must be 35mm x 45mm
- A single recent colour passport photograph against a plain white background (note that the Russian Consulate do not accept black and white photographs or photos without plain white backgrounds)
- The photo must be clear, well defined and taken against a plain white or light-coloured background
- Your face must be square to the camera with a neutral expression, neither frowning nor smiling, and with your mouth closed
- Sunglasses are not acceptable
- The photo must show the full front view of the head, with the face in the middle of the photo, and include the top of the shoulders
- It must be printed on normal photographic paper (camera print).
- Please note that the passport must be colour, the consulate will not accept black and white photos
How do I read my visa?
Please see the following guide for more information: Reading a Russian visa
If you’re in need of assistance whilst travelling we offer a dedicated 24 hour telephone support service.
For all emergencies you can call us on +44 (0) 207 100 7370 where our operators are available to provide help 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
If you experience problems whilst away, our team can offer guidance and support. If for example you have mislaid your passport, you are experiencing difficulty boarding a train or any number of other travel issues, call our emergency helpline for immediate assistance.
Can you tell me more?
You can quickly check your visa application requirements by selecting your passport nationality from the menu:
We try to give you as much information as we can to help you choose the service you need, though if you still have more questions please feel free to look at the Real Russian Forum, the Frequently Asked Questions section or contact us directly and we will be happy to help.