Processing time, unless stated as calendar days, is calculated in business days and excludes weekends, UK public holidays and Russian public holidays and does not include the day of order.
The Visa Support Processing Time is the number of days that it will take us to raise your visa support documents; remember, processing of your visa support documents will not start until you have paid and sent us a scan or clear fax of your passport page. Once we have received these we will ask you to send us your passport so that we may lodge your visa application with the consulate. Please note that Visa Support Processing Time is not applicable if you are providing your own visa support documents.
Orders made after 16.30 GMT (weekdays) will start processing the visa support (where required) the following working day only.
Please note that:
- The Russian authorities will not process applications for invitations for business and multiple entry visa support documents earlier than specific dates for different types of invitation:
- For 12 working day TELEX and 3 working day TELEX they will not process them earlier than 45 calendar days from the start date requested. Today we are able to submit these visa support documents for processing that have a start date before: 16 October 2014.
- For multiple entry 18 and 14 working day and 12 and 8 working day single / double entry invitation they will not process them earlier than 90 calendar days from the start date requested. Today we are able to submit these visa support documents for processing that have a start date before: 30 November 2014.
- For multiple entry 12 working day (not telex) and 5 working day single / double entry invitation they will not process them earlier than 180 calendar days from the start date requested.Today we are able to submit these visa support documents for processing that have a start date before: 28 February 2015.
- One and two working day processing of business visa support documents is only available for those clients whose planned entry date to Russia is within two weeks of application, this means you should be planning to enter Russia on or before: 15 September 2014.
- If you apply in advance of the start date applicable to processing the visa support documents, then we will hold your application and apply at the earliest opportunity or you may change the start date to get the visa processing earlier.
- Please bear this in mind when choosing the appropriate business visa support service level. If you require further information, please contact our visa team and we will be happy to help.
- If you are travelling to Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk or other cities on Sakhalin Island invitations may take one extra day to process. Please also see the following information with regards to working in this region.
- If you are applying for a multiple entry visa then the original invitation will be sent by courier from Russia to our London office and assuming we have all of your other documents the visa application will be lodged at the consulate the next day. We assume a maximum delivery time of 3 days and this is built into the expected dates shown as is the cost of the courier. Please note that delivery time does not apply to telex invitations which are sent electronically directly to the consulate.
- If you were born in a country that was a member of the former Soviet Union, even if your birth was after the USSR ceased to exist, then we are unable to provide telex services for your business visa support document. The quickest processing time for your support documents is 5 working days. Please contact us if you have any questions.
- Visa applications for travellers visiting Vladikavkaz, Magas, or Machatschkala will take 10 working days to process. This applies for all types of visa including express services.
The Consular Processing Time is the number of processing days that it will take the Russian Consulate to issue your visa once we have lodged your application.
So, to work out how many days your visa will take to process and obtain, add the visa support processing time, the consular processing time and any delivery time for the invitation together.
Please note that we do not need your passport for the whole processing time, just the element where we need to submit it to the consulate. Depending upon the service you select this will be between 3 and 8 business days.